Twins 1 Doubles 5 Bathrooms 6 Guest bathrooms 1
Easily reached from Florence and Pisa airports, both of which are about 1-hour drive away, this luxury holiday villa for rent in Tuscany is set in a landscape of exceptional beauty, composed of gentle Tuscan hills and wide, seemingly never-ending valleys. This high end 6-bedroom Italian family vacation home called Colle Sereno is the ideal place in Italy from where to visit some of the most beautiful towns in Tuscany, its location is central, equidistant between Florence and Pisa, and at thirty minutes from the famous medieval town of San Gimignano.
Within a radius of thirty kilometres, you can visit the Etruscan vestiges of Volterra, the streets and squares of Certaldo and the Fortress of San Miniato.
At about one hour and twenty minutes, the artistic centres of Florence, Pisa, Lucca and Siena are also easily accessible. The Tuscan coast is only a short car trip away and with it the beaches of San Vincenzo and Cecina and, further North, the Lido of Versilia with resorts such as Viareggio and Forte dei Marmi.
Montaione, a small village with restaurants and food shops, is ten kilometres away (about a nine-minute drive).
The villa is an old farmhouse that has been restored recently, the renovations involved local craftsmen ensuring that its original structure was fully maintained.
The villa features six bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, and every room boasts lovely views.
Colle Sereno also offers a lovely area where you can eat outside, with views of the pool and the valley below, the perfect place for dining al fresco.
Further to the magnificent landscape the villa is set in, there is another element not to be underestimated: the superb, exceptionally large pool and the jacuzzi that is attached to it.
bedroom 1 double bed (not convertible into a twin) wheelchair accessible with en suite bathroom with big shower and French windows opening to front yard.
guest bathroom (wheelchair accessible) with shower (plus extra hand held).
large kitchen with direct access towards outdoor pool area equipped with double American fridge, ice machine, stone built oven etc., dining room with table for 12 and access to terrace, living room with fireplace and TV and French windows opening to the front yard.
small furnished terrace.
bedroom 2 double bed with French windows and en suite bathroom with shower.
bedroom 3 master bedroom with en suite bathroom with bath tub and shower.
bedroom 4 double bed convertible into twin with en suite bathroom with shower.
bedroom 5 double bed with en suite bathroom with shower.
bedroom 6 double bed with en suite bathroom with shower.
3 hectares of grounds around the villa, dining area with table for 12 people and gazebo, 1 bathroom with shower at swimming pool area, outdoor pool shower. Access to the bistrot and tasting room.
3km/2miles gravel road in partially sufficient condition and in partially good condition. Iano is within walking distance but the road is steep and it could be difficult for people who are not used to walk or with walking difficulties. Pets not allowed. On request, it is possible to organize wine tastings at the villa. If you require to use the floor cooling system during your stay, it needs to be communicated at least 2 days before the arrival date. Pets on premises. Electric gate at the entrance.
finest homes, quality guaranteed
24/7 guest support
what we love about colle sereno
- private country setting yet close to town for basic supplies and restaurants
- big swimming pool of 12x12 metres with hydromassage area
- kitchen facilities
- gorgeous views over the Tuscan hills
- grocery shop at Villamagna 6km/3,7miles
- supermarket and pharmacy at Montaione 10km/6miles
- tennis and golf at Castelfalfi 5km/3miles
- horse riding at Volterra 24km/15miles
- day tours along the coast: Castiglioncello 79km/49miles, the sophisticated Forte dei Marmi 102km/63miles, the cosy Marina di Castagneto Carducci 109km/68miles, and Marina di Bibbona 101km/63miles. Impressive antique village where to stop for lunch on the way to the coast with lovely restaurants and great wine Bolgheri 75km/47miles. River Park in Marina di Pisa 74km/46miles where it is possible to have professional fishers organize a bbq experience.
- floor cooling system
- floor heating system
- mosquito nets
- wi fi internet connection
- i/Pod docking station
- satellite TV
- stereo system
- sound system
- cd player
- dvd player
- security system
- fully equipped kitchen
- ice maker
- Nespresso coffee machine
- wine cellar
- washing machine
- iron w/ironing board
- football table
- play area for children
- board games
- baby cot
- swimming pool
- outdoor showers
- private patio
- alfresco dining
- outdoor furniture
- lounge area
- golf villas
- five-a-side football field
- tennis table
- parking area
- electric gate
- vegetable garden
- aromatic garden
- paddling swimming pool (12x12m, depth 1,5m)
- Jacuzzi (3m diameter in pool area)
- stone-built BBQ
- floor cooler in bedrooms (different than A/C)
- small gym equipped with 2 treadmills, 1 step, 1 cardio bike and 1 weight bench with weights
- wedding party allowed up to 30
From - To EUR USD * GBP ** Sept 5, 2020 - Jan 2, 2021 12,000.00 14,300.00 10,700.00 Jan 2, 2021 - Apr 3, 2021 10,000.00 11,900.00 8,900.00 Apr 3, 2021 - Apr 10, 2021 14,550.00 17,250.00 12,950.00 Apr 10, 2021 - May 1, 2021 10,000.00 11,900.00 8,900.00 May 1, 2021 - July 3, 2021 12,000.00 14,300.00 10,700.00 July 3, 2021 - Sept 25, 2021 14,550.00 17,250.00 12,950.00 Sept 25, 2021 - Dec 18, 2021 10,000.00 11,900.00 8,900.00 Dec 18, 2021 - Jan 1, 2022 14,550.00 17,250.00 12,950.00 Security deposit 1000.00 1,188.20 889.80
* For an indication of the weekly price in US Dollars please have a look to this reference rate: 1 EUR = 1.1882 USD
** For an indication of the weekly price in GBP please have a look to this reference rate: 1 EUR = 0.8898 GBP
Concierge service, maid service on Monday and Wednesday (4 hours per day), change of linen on Saturday, change of towels on Saturday and midweek, final cleaning, Wi-Fi internet connection, use of the gym, floor cooling system, heating.
city tax EUR 1 per person per night for the first six nights (children up to 14 years old are tax-exempt), cooking service for minimum 8 guests: breakfast EUR 30 per person (EUR 15 per child), buffet lunch EUR 40 per person (EUR 30 per child) - drinks not included, dinner EUR 80 per person (EUR 30 per child) - drinks not included, extra maid service EUR 25 per hour, baby sitter service EUR 25 per hour, laundry service EUR 25 per hour, extra change of linen and towels EUR 10 per person, shopping service starting from 30 EUR + cost of food.
Iano 2km/1.2miles, Montaione 10 km/6.21miles, San Gimignano 19km/12miles, Volterra 24km/15miles, Certaldo 25km/15miles, San Miniato 27km/17miles, Lucca 62km/38miles, Pisa 63km/39miles, Florence 69km/43miles, Siena 70km/43miles.
airports and trains
airports:Florence 59km/37miles, Pisa 63km/39miles, Rome 337km/209miles.
trains: Castelfiorentino 15km/9miles.
The location indicated on the map is purely indicative.
Date: September 2016
Name: Gail Fox
“Villa was lovely with modern amenities in a tastefully decorated way. The pictures from the web sites did not disappoint, as everyone agreed the property met or exceeded our expectations. Many in our family group were tempted to never leave the villa for the entire week! We would suggest better markings to get to the villa as at end of a very long dirt driveway with turn offs and no indication that you are on the right road. Minor issues with sorting out floor cooling however property manager was extremely helpful and accommodating in every sense.”
Date: August 2016
Name: Michael Overlander
"Fantastic Villa, located in total isolation but with views that cannot fail to stun sunbathers. The local shop is reasonably well stocked but not with anything special. Daily trips to buy bread didn't really "wow" me but I'm fussy that way!
The cook Marianne and her daughter are charming and prepared 3 sumptuous meals for us, including the best Tira Masu (twice) I have ever tasted.
We realised we forgot to write a note of thanks to the owners as had many other visitors but time ran away from us. Thank you for a wonderful week."
Date: September 2015
Name: Allison Small
"This Villa is fabulous
- we had a family group stay in September 2015 and can only agree with what the previous reviewers have said
- accommodation was excellent, beautiful living room, dining room and kitchen was fantastic, especially for our cooking lesson which was great fun. The style was a very good mix of being informal and rustic but very stylish.
- spacious bedrooms with good sized bathrooms, excellent showers and hot water good
- location is stunning with fabulous views, and really tranquil. the outdoor areas were lovely, infinity pool a good size and super outlook, outside eating area lovely and grounds all excellent
- Marianne cooked for us several times, simple but superb food and she is delightful
- we used the restaurant and shop in Iona which were great
- one slight word of warning the gravel road to the Villa from Iona is windy and steep with quite a loose surface, and because some of our youngsters walked it we measured it at 1.3 miles. it is walk-able if you were fit but it would take 25 mins each way so don't expect a casual stroll into the village.
- the concierge service of homes in Italy were excellent and everything we arranged worked very smoothly and was taken care of.highly recommended!!!"
Date: June 2014
Name: Karen Skinner
We all agreed the villa exceeded our expectations, and that the photos did not do it justice!
The whole villa experience was unforgettable. The 2 km 'lane' in however rough became just part of what we had to endure to reach the luxury of the villa itself. It to became part of the experience we shared.
In 38 degree heat the villas thick walls made it seem cool. The wonderful breeze from being up so high blew freely through gorgeous windows with light curtains blowing gently. From its hilltop vantage point the views where breathtaking in every direction. The sunsets from the villa magnificent!
Our pre grocery order was there upon arrival and a most lovely woman, Marianne and her daughter greeted us and gave us a tour. Warm and welcoming we felt right at home! The dinner table all set with fresh garden flowers ready for the delicious meal they served and prepared - worth the cost without a doubt! We had Marianne prepare our last night at the villa meal also. We were served decadent savoury bites of all sorts outside with Prosecco or wine prior to the dining room experience. A wonderful meal and evening was had by all.
The kitchen was the main gathering place and large enough for the twelve of us without feeling cramped. It was extremely well equipped with two fridges and lots of cooking supplies it lacked for nothing. A suggestion of providing more plastic glasses for use around the pool for safety would be a suggestion. Perhaps a cooler too.
Oh the pool! It delighted every sense. The sound of the water trickling over its sides, the view of the pool itself, and the sprawling Tuscan hills beyond, a feast for the eyes. It was placed in the perfect spot. We used it day and night. Plenty of shade if you wanted it and double bed loungers so comfy one could not help but have a siesta under the Tuscan sun!
The location of the villa for touring the towns and villages of the Tuscan region was good. Villas are in the country so windy roads seem to take a bit longer to arrive anywhere. By the end of the week we'd all slowed down to the pace of the area though, and it seemed that though travel away from the villa was a must, as hey... we were in Italy!! Tour we must! So we all did, but Barry we all could not wait to get back to this magical villa after a days outing. It was a perfect choice!
Thank you for this wonderful suggestion!"